Our names are Isabella and Kaylee. We just moved back from costa rica 4 1/2 months ago. Our mom gave us this blog. Today we tried out for basketball teams. The try outs were lame. We can't wait for Thanksgiving. We like Thanksgiving for the food and for all the thanks we give. Next week were going to our grandma and grandpa's house while mom and dad go to Cancun. We get to help our grandma make all the food for Thanksgiving. We get to help make the cookies and maybe eat some cookie dough. We are so happy we get to start blogging!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
So as you can tell, I've quit the blogging business. I was kind of pressured into starting this thing by my sisters and never really loved it. Anyway, Isabella and Kaylee have asked if they can do the blog, so with me overseeing it, they will be the new authors from now on!
Posted by Irlenborn family at 2:04 PM
Monday, March 23, 2009
I saw this questionnaire on Facebook and thought I would do it with all of kids and put it here. I asked each of the questions individually.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Zoey almost 3: Monkey
Isabella 7: Clean your mess up.
Kaylee almost 10: How was your school?
Braden 11: How was your day?
Austin 12: How was school?
2. What makes mom happy?
Z: You are gone in your car.
I: Me doing the dishes.
K: Us kids.
B: When we clean our rooms.
A: The beach.
3. What makes mom sad?
Z: You sad with my teachers.
I: When dad goes on a trip.
K: When she gets sick.
B: When dad goes on a business trip for a long time.
A: When Zoey gets hurt.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Z: Like this hahaha.
I: I don't know, do something!
K: When she says funny things.
B: She can't.
A: Stuff you say sometimes.
5. What did your mom like to do as a child?
Z:um what? nothing.
I: I think you like to go outside and play in the river grandpa owned. What? I know he owned a river!
K: Play with her sisters.
B: Shoot guns.
A: Play sports. I'm not sure.
6. How old is your mom?
Z: 1 hey no 2.
7. How tall is your mom?
I: 75 inches.
K: 6 foot.
B:Really 5 foot 11, but she says she's 6 foot.
A: 6 feet. Well really 5 foot 11.999.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
I: Dr. Phil.
K: Dr. Phil.
A: The food channel or HGTV.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
I: Shopping...a lot!
B: Go to her friends house.
A:Meet with friends.
10: If your mom became famous, what would it be for?
Z: Zoey is done answering questions.
I: A singer (Austin said "are you crazy Bella?).
B: Not dancing or singing, I don't know, an actress?
A: Writing a book.
11. What is your mom really good at?
I: Exercising...no, cooking, you're really good.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
I: Being a farmer...I know you're good at shopping.
K: Climbing trees.
B: Playing tennis.
13. What is your mom's favorite food?
K: Terryaki chicken.
B: Samuri (Japanese).
14. What does your mom do for her job?
I: Take car of 5 kids.
K: Take care of us.
B: You don't have a job.
A: Nothing, stay at home.
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
I: She makes wonderful food and cake.
K: Being my mom.
B: She's smart.
A: She's really smart.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
K: Minnie Mouse.
B: blue car on Cars.
A: Roadrunner. Beep Beep.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
I: Go to Miami.
K: Go shopping.
B: go to the store.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
I: We have the same hair color.
K: We have the same color of skin.
B: Both tall.
A: Our genes.
19. How are you and your mom different.
I: You are older, and I am younger.
K: She likes shopping and I don't.
B: She's older.
A: Our gender.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
I: I think because she had me and she loves me very much.
K: Because she takes care of me.
B: Because she treats me good.
A: Cause she's my mom.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
I: He's cute or he's hot.
K: That he is handsome.
B: He's hot.
A: He's sexy.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
K: Shopping, to the mall.
A: New York.
Posted by Irlenborn family at 11:00 AM
Thursday, March 19, 2009
We have been trying for a while to convince Zoey it's time to be a big girl and start wearing panties and get rid of the pacifier. She hasn't been to hip on the idea and claims she wants to be a baby. She always tells me "no potty train". We bought Dora panties at Christmas, but she wanted nothing to do with them.
Posted by Irlenborn family at 10:08 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
This is just like 25 things about me,except there are pre-decided questions and it's about you AND your spouse!! And of course,tag people!!!
1. What are your middle names? John & Dawn
2. How long have you been together? Married for almost 14 years, but knew each other for almost a year before getting married
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? 3 months, we were really good friends.
4. Who asked who out? Dustin asked me out on a "Hot Date" but I thought he was joking. Turns out he was serious!
5. How old are each of you? I'm 33, he will be 36 next month.
6. Whose siblings do you see the most? Mine. He only has 1 and she lives in Germany.
7. Do you have any children together? Yes, 5, 2 boys and 3 girls
8. What about pets? Zero, much to our daughter Kaylee's dismay.
9. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Dealing with 5 children.
10. Did you go to the same school? No.
11. Are you from the same town? No.
12. Who is the smartest? How do answer that? He's smarter at some things and I'm smarter at others.
13. Who is the most sensitive? Dustin, however I've become more sensitive over the years.
14. Where do you eat out most as a couple? Samurai baby! It's a Japanese place we LOVE!
15. Where is the farthest you have traveled as a couple? That would be where we now live, Costa Rica. Although we have also been to Hawaii.
16. Who has the craziest exes? neither of us
17. Who has the worst temper? Me, most definately
18. Who does the cooking? I do. I'm not sure what everyone would eat if something ever happened to me?
19. Who is more social? I guess I am, but less so as I get older.
20. Who is the neat freak? Unfortunately no one. Of course that doesn't mean we are slobs, just not neat FREAKS.
21. Who is more stubborn? All the way, Angie. I can drive Dustin a little crazy with this one.
22. Who hogs the bed? Used to be Dustin, but we seem to sleep on our own sides for the most part. Gotta love a King!
23. Who wakes up earlier? Dustin, I hate mornings!
24. Where was your first date? TGIFriday's and then we walked the trails at Big Cedar Lodge.
25. Who has the bigger family? I do, 3 sisters to 1.
26. Do you get flowers often? No. Dustin forgot the advice his father gave him before getting married!
27. How do you spend the holidays? Usually with Angie's family, but we also see Dustin's parents too.
28. Who is more jealous? Neither one of us.
29. How long did it take to get serious? A couple months.
30. Who eats more? We are probably equal on this one.
31. Who does the laundry? Until 2 weeks ago, the maid, but I fired her. Now it's all me.
32. Who is better with the computer? Dustin wins this one hands down. I'm very computer illiterate
33. Who drives when you are together? Probably 60% Dustin, 40% Angie.
Posted by Irlenborn family at 5:36 PM
Sunday, February 1, 2009
At one point Zoey thought we should all sing a song and of course she would lead!
This is how Kaylee enjoyed the Superbowl
Austin had to call Grandpa Smith so they could watch and discuss the game together.
Posted by Irlenborn family at 7:03 PM
Sunday, January 25, 2009
All of the Smith Grandkids Christmas Eve
Austin after a Christmas nap
Kaylee, Isabella & Zoey at Grandma Lowe'sZoey checking out her stocking
Zoey and Trista finding trouble!Isabella & Braden trying out the Wii while Dallin watches
Posted by Irlenborn family at 3:42 PM