THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving Costa Rican Style





This year for Thanksgiving we we did not do the traditional turkey with all of the fixings (a small turkey is $40-50 here). Instead we went with a few families for the weekend to a resort at Arenal Volcano. It was a lot of fun although the clouds covered the top of the volcano the whole time we were there so we were never able to se the top or the lava flows. We did have alot of fun though at the pools with waterslides, the hot springs, hanging bridges and just relaxing.


On Friday our family decided to go to the hanging bridges. It is a 1.8 mile trail through the rain forest with these awesome (sometimes scary) hanging bridges. A few of them were around 300 feet long and just as high. Amazingly enough none of the kids complained at all on the hike, and other than having to carry Zoey alot it was amazing. I am planning on taking my parents when they come in January.


On Saturday we went to a place with our friends to watch Austin's friend Brady bungee jump. They also have this huge swing that we let Kaylee, Austin and Braden ride. My friend Kari made a video that I will try to post. We really had a great time throughout the whole weekend.



Zoey and daddy on the first bridge








Some of the views from the bridges


































Kaylee, Braden and Austin on the giant swing.

(sorry I can't get the video to download, maybe next blog)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

The view is gorgeous! Scary swing though, pretty sure I wouldn't try that one ;) Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

Carley said...

I want to go! It looks amazing!

Kasey said...

Angie,

We just received your Christmas letter and I'm so glad you included your blog address--one more place to surf! Here's our blog address if you want to keep up with us: http://jimmieandkasey.blogspot.com/

We hope to see you while you're in town!

Kasey

banananutmeg said...

Thanks for the christmas letter...we've been thinking about you guys recently! Even Zoey has a better tan than i could ever hope for!

our blog address is http://aaronandmeg.blogspot.com

thanks for the update, merry christmas! -the willardsons

Megan said...

I love your pictures! It looks so fun! I'm starting to plan my trip so I will keep you posted!